Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fate of the Dragon

Ken and I "re-alive" our very old PC. I formatted it and installed Microsoft XP into it. I also activated the Chinese input so that Ken can write in Chinese using pinyi.

Then, I started to install some of the old games to try our chances if they are able to play in Microsoft XP version as they stated Microsoft Window 98 is the highest compatible. We tried before on the newer PC with Microsoft XP as well but most of the games cannot be played. Do not where is the bug.

With the CD-ROM 52X speed and aged some age, finally I managed to install the Fate of the Dragon. To our surprise, the game run. Ken and I was so happy as we missed playing with this game. Ken said maybe it is caused by the Chinese activation.
I tried to install Emperor : Rise of the Middle Kingdom but the CD cannot be read by the CD-ROM. I suspected the CD is spoilted as I tried with other CD-ROM as well but cannot be read as well. The same goes to Rise of the Nations. It can read but there is an error during the installation.

Nevertheless, we got an old missed game to be play now. :)

No comments: