Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Delivery

When I am on my way to the ward, I still having my contraction and become more and more frequent. Ken is very worry while driving me there. I am seated at the back of the car and I can feel that he cannot concentrate on his driving. He keeps asking me if I am ok.

Finally we arrive at the ward. I have another contraction when I want to get down from the car. After it is over, I quickly and slowly came down from the car with Ken's help. He hold and help me to walk to the ward stairs.

Yes, the ward is located upstairs at third floors! Slowly and carefully, I step up to the stairs. My contraction still attack me and I am sweating all over to overcome the pain. Ken held out his hand for me to squeeze and tells me to breathe in and out.When the contraction is over, I climb the stairs again. However, the contraction is so frequent that I have to stop for do not know how many times to ease my contraction pain. The pain is so unbearable that I scream out telling Ken that I am so pain. I can sense that he feels very helpless towards me as he cannot share my pain. All he ables to do is hold tight to my hand and ask me to breathe in and out. The situation is keep repeating and repeating. Finally, I managed to climb to the last few steps of the stairs when the contraction strike again.

I stopped at the few steps and breathe in and out and scream. The midwife came out and sees my situation. She ask why came so late. She quickly urges me to the room and checks my situation while Ken is waiting outside the room. She checks my virginia area and she informs that my baby head is very low. Initially, I thought that I just having contraction but never thought that I will need to deliver now! I mean that day when I am discharged from the ward, the baby is not yet moved to the birth canal. I cannot imagine that within one night and one day, the baby is already moved into the birth canal!

The midwife informed me that I no need to feel scare as the gyne is in now. He is in the labour room operating another pregnant patient. She mentioned that I need to go to the labour room now. My contraction still come and go frequently - about 3 minutes apart. The midwife then went out to prepare the necessary. Ken waiting outside the room looks so worry and I asked him to come in. I told him that I need to deliver now. The midwife came back and asked me to change my clothes into theirs.

After changing, with my contraction that keeps striking, they ask me to walk to the labour room to get ready. I hardly walk due to my contraction. The midwife asks me to walk slowly and when the contraction is not taking place. Ken tried to help me and he seems very worry. I never sees him being in this worrying state. He tried to accompany me to the labour room but stopped by the midwife. She asked him to wait at the waiting area.

Initially, when I am in few months pregnancy, Ken and I discussed that whether he wants to accompany me into the labour room to see me deliver or not. He said that he would not accompany me as he afraid of blood. I insisted and even begged him few time but he still refused. But today, he wanted to follow me to the labour room! I think Ken is really really worry about me and the baby.

No comments: