Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October




Today is the start of the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

In my opinion, every women should knows about breast cancer at anytime, not just this month as early detection really saves life and make suffering lesser. Once you aware about breast cancer facts, you will feel better and appreciate more on the things and people around you.

What do I do to support this campaign? I do my own card and pink ribbon as suggested in Cleo October 2009 issue on page 201 under "Get Involved!" header! I get creative by doing my own pink oval card and attached a pink ribbon onto it. I have written "Think Pink" as initiated by Cleo's "Think Pink Project" at the bottom of the pink ribbon. At the reverse side on the card, I written "In Support to Breast Cancer Awareness Month October 2009" in pink before signing off with my name with another pink shaded of pen.

Self-made Breast Cancer Awareness Month card - Front


Self-made Breast Cancer Awareness Month card with message -Back

Today, I distributed almost 40 plus cards to various female colleagues in my floor and they are happy to receive it. I am happy to see their smiling face when received my handmade card but there is a slight sadness in my heart as some of them asked, "What is this?". It seems like they do not recognize what the pink ribbon represent! All I could do is ask them to flip over the card and read the message which in return gives me a doubt. If I did not input the message, do I really need to explain to them what pink ribbon represent or are they just simply really do not know what pink ribbon represent or it is the pink ribbon campaign initiated by Estee Lauder not that successful? I am wondering.

Estee Lauder Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign logo and slogan

Anyhow, to those who wanted to do something to support this campaign, you can get some ideas from Cleo October 2009 issue on page 200 to 202. There is walk, run, talks, road shows and dance that you can participate in. Else, you may look under the "Get Involved!" header to do something else. I done point two, "Get Creative" and I strongly recommend point five, "Pink Out!" whereby they suggested to wear a pink item everyday!

No comments: