Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Nursery Kedgeree

Another recipe from Healthy Baby Meal Planner : How to give you baby the best of health and vitality by Sara Lewis.

This dish is for babies aged between seven to nine months.I still cooks for Ezel as I purposely buy the ingrediates - peas.

Ingrediates - makes 600ml/1 pint
50g/2oz long grain rice
25g/1oz frozen peas
350ml/12fl oz formula milk
90g/3 1/4 oz brick frozen skinless cod
2 hard-boild egg yolks

Well, I minused the egg yolks as many people said it will cause allergic and it is not advisable to give baby under one year to have egg yolk.

I also replaced the frozen peas with canned processed peas. It is much easier to mash too as the peas has been processed - softer. However, I have to do a bit of thing - plucking the skin of the peas out. Instead using cod, I have used other fish - ma yau fish. Always be extra careful with the bones as you never knows where the fish bones will hide after you mashed it. Choose fish that have large bones so that it is easier to detect.

I followed the instructions in the book to cook and it turned out as shown in the book except the colour. Maybe it is because I did not include the egg yolks. Thus, it is more to greenish colour of the peas.

Nursery Kedgeree


Close-up: Nursery Kedgeree

As I cooked this dish quite late at night, Ezel was asleep and unable to taste it. Hope she likes this dish!

No comments: