Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Vampire Diaries

Vampire Diaries Season One Poster
I watched few of the episodes of Vampire Diaries season one yesterday night as I could not fall asleep perhaps due to the warm and humid weather.

I saw this series in local television station, 8TV before and decided to watch the whole series. I thought it is another 'Twilight' kind of story. But the story of Vampire Diaries is different from Twilight Saga even there are no doubt some similarities - love between human and vampire and the main character is 'vegetarian'. However, the major difference is that the love triangle is between two (2) blood brothers to a popular high school human girl rather than love triangle between vampire and werewolf to a humble high school human girl as in Twilight. 

After the first episode, I cannot help myself but to click on the next episode till I end up watching four (4) episodes in a row of one night. I started to fall for it. I started to google more information and I got to know that it is actually based on a series of novel by L.J.Smith.

Well, I started to have the urge to own the collection of the novels as read somewhere that one of the producer, Kevin Williamson wants the small town to be the main focus rather than the high school. I guess I can go in depth on the characters and stories if I read the novels. So far, the writer has produced total of seven (7) books to year namely :
1) The Awakening (1991)
2) The Struggle (1991)
3) The Fury (1991)
4) Dark Reunion (1992)
5) The Return: Nightfall (2009)
6) The Return: Shadow Souls (2010)
7) The Return: Midnight (2011)

She even writes about the main vampire character, Stefan's diaries with prediction of total of three (3) titles whereby the first title, Stefan's Diaries : Origins released in 2010. Guess if I really want to catch up with the novels, I really need to save up a lot! Or should I just stick to the series?

No comments: