Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tagliatelle/Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli and Ham

Another recipe from Healthy Baby Meal Planner : How to give you baby the best of health and vitality by Sara Lewis.

This dish is for babies aged between nine to twelve months.

Ingrediates - makes 600ml/1 pint

115g/4oz broccoli
50g/2oz thinly sliced ham

50g/2oz Cheddar or mild cheese
300ml/half pint formula milk

50g/2oz tagliatelle/macaroni

Well, some of the ingrediates are hard to find especially the cheese. I having a difficult time looking for Cheddar cheese as I am not familiar with the cheese varieties. I searched the Internet to look for it but not much information I can get. Finally, I got this Edam cheese as substitute.


Edam cheese

Actually, when I started to cook this dish, then only I realised that I do not have tagliatelle. Luckily, I have macaroni. So I used macaroni as substitute for tagliatelle. I followed the instructions in the book to cook and it turned out as shown in the book.

I gave Ezel to try but the sliced hams are still too big for her. She still get choked when she tries to sollow it. Nevertheless she likes this dish very much.

Ken said it might due to the favouring of the ham that makes it tasty and she likes the taste.

Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli and Ham
Close-up : Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli and Ham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!