Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Carrot, Lentil and Coriander Puree

Another recipe from Healthy Baby Meal Planner : How to give you baby the best of health and vitality by Sara Lewis.

This dish is for babies aged between six and six-and -a-half months. Somehow, I still plans to cook this dish for Ezel to try as I missed few recipes in this stage. Actually the red lentils was bought few weeks back but I do not have the time to try out this recipe.

Never too late, I try out today and here are the ingrediates :

Ingrediates - makes 600ml/1 pint
350g/12oz carrots
175g/6oz potato
50g/2oz red lentils
2.5ml/half teaspoon ground coriander
300ml/half pint formula milk


Well, I skipped one of the ingdrediates that is the ground coriander as I am not sure what it is or where can I find it. Nevertheless, I still able to cook out the dish as the instructions in the book.

However, the red lentils seems not soften even I simmer it about an hour. Finally, I gave up and scoop the dish into a plate and sieve (strain) the red lentils out from the mixture.

It is not turned out so smooth and the dish is not much leave after the sieve process. Somehow, Ezel seems to loves this dish very much!

Sorry, dear! It is too much of work and time consuming. Guess you are able to taste it once. :P
Carrot, Lentil and Coriander Puree in the container

Close-up : Carrot, Lentil and Coriander Puree in the container

No comments: