Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 6, 2006

Gender.....

Everyone is asking me about my baby gender but I have not know it yet as my next trip to gyne is on next week, 18/08/2006!

Just out of curiosity : Why people keeps asking me what is my baby's gender? Does it really matter that it is a boy or girl? No matter what is my baby's gender, I still need to raise him / her up, right? The baby is my blood and flesh!

Of course if it is a boy, it is the best in term of Chinese tradition because my husband is the only son in the family. So if I gave birth to a baby boy, it will make everyone happy especially my in-laws. And according to Chinese tradition, the baby boy I gave birth to can continue the family generations.

Sometimes I wonder what if I gave birth to a baby girl? Although my in-laws, Ken and myself are not so tradition and particular on this issue. But what I really gave birth to a baby girl? Do it really that matter to others as well as what baby's gender that I would give birth to? I really do not understand why they need to know so desperately.

No comments: